Facebook  Twitter  Google+  YouTube  Twitch.tv 

General Topics » Where are all the people?? by ARAKUL~ Today at 01:05:59 PM
News » Regarding the 1.18 patch - bad news - volunteers needed by rawrr Today at 05:45:23 AM
General Discussion » Clan SgT Tournaments by SoLo.RAiN Today at 12:17:31 AM
General Discussion » Outdated video card drivers - Can't load SC with new patch by SoLo.RAiN Yesterday at 06:33:07 PM
General Discussion » Problems with patch 1.18? by Puppy Yesterday at 04:58:33 PM
General Topics » Good news, Fish server re-allows 1.16.1 by 2v2trigga April 24, 2017, 02:37:06 PM
General Topics » Regarding the shoutbox by koN April 22, 2017, 03:44:24 PM
General Discussion » O.o by SoLo.RAiN April 22, 2017, 03:13:56 PM

S.23 | March 3 - May 2

1v1 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST
  2v2 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST

RankPlayer                       Record
1 SilenT.koN77-29
2 DefJam56-15
3 Fire.buu108-96
4 LasT_PostMan58-10
5 FakeGosu55-24
Follow us on Facebook!

Downloads
Standard Map
Anti-Hack Map
UGL Anti-Hack

Quick Links
Join League
Report Game
League Rules
File Complaint
Members
Total Members: 2447
Latest: etoile_filante
New This Month: 49
New This Week: 3
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 14215
Total Topics: 2289
Most Online Today: 154
Most Online Ever: 2978
(November 21, 2014, 10:09:11 PM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 117
Total: 125

*Users online within the last 60 minutes.

Author Topic: Cars  (Read 998 times)

Offline xS.Jake

• Dragoon
  • xS. elite
    • View Profile
Cars
« on: January 23, 2014, 12:03:31 PM »
Who here knows cars?  I'm in a difficult position and need to replace my 1999 toyota camry engine. 2.2 L 4 cylinder fed.  I dont know much about cars and its hard looking for a reliable engine.  Any sites online that any of you have had a good experience with?  Also too any car people can a 2.0 engine from japan replace my 2.2?

Offline 350zNisan-

• Drone
  • is ranking up.
    • View Profile
Re: Cars
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:45:34 PM »
nissan 350z <3 <3 <3

Offline rijndael

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »
yo cars are pretty good. make 24 cars and put them on hotkeys yo. especially good with templars/arbiters/reavers man. but be careful not to get rushed when making these dude. gotta put cannons all over the mid dude.

Offline ZerG

• ProZerG
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
Sup Jake for reliability and affordability go with either a mazda 3 or a base lancer. Both cars are great everyday drivers, and can give you some basic driving enjoyments any thing else you'll need to look into a higher price range. And yes, you can pretty much perform any engine/tranny swap but, in many cases not worth it.

Offline Stripper

• Fuck me I'm famous
  • Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
Don't touch Mazda 3's, they're known to rust so fucking easily. lol

Offline SilenT.BaNg

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »
Who here knows cars?  I'm in a difficult position and need to replace my 1999 toyota camry engine. 2.2 L 4 cylinder fed.  I dont know much about cars and its hard looking for a reliable engine.  Any sites online that any of you have had a good experience with?  Also too any car people can a 2.0 engine from japan replace my 2.2?

my family bought a hyundai sonata for the fuck of it (to replace our second car) last june and i gota say im pretty impressed with it.  pretty good gas mileage, hyundai has a pretty decent reputation so far for the car being durable, low maintenance and the style, comfort, look on the car is actually pretty solid.

elantra is great also if you have a smaller family (Just the 3 or 4 of you).  two of my cousins have bought elantra/sonatas, 3 of my friends also have elantra/sonatas all from the 2011-2013 years and they all have 0 complaints.

personally im not a fan of mazda or mitsubishi because neither of their reputations are all that great.  Mitsu's lancers have a nice exterior look and all but honestly the gas mileage isn't great.. and gas is expensive as fuck nowadays.  Also a lot of my friends with mitsu's say theres a lot of small maintenance problems.  doesnt cost a lot but it happens frequently enough that it adds up.  The new skyactiv technology on Mazda is pretty sweet i gotta say.  Mazda has had a pretty shit reputation in the past few years but every single person i know that owns a new 2014 mazda fucking LOVES the car and mazda has been hyping their 2014 cars especially with skyactiv for so long now.

also hyundai is cheap as FUCK.  my fam bought the sonata (one up from base model), with tinting and the final price we paid for the car was 25,500,000 CAD.  Yeah my mom ripped the fuck outta the salesman but still, hyundai is cheap as fuck because Korean cars are trying to break into the market. 

Ik a lot of ppl in the states though enjoy driving american cars over japanese/korean cars though

Offline dumdedo

• Peon
  • is ranking up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 05:10:10 AM »
You should be able to find an engine for the Camry from a junk yard or parts yard by yourself.  Expect $200-600 for the motor without and with a transmission.  More than that, no bother.  Look into doing it yourself?  It is not difficult, just have to invest in parts, or get onto your local car forum, not a starcraft forum.  Some people are cool and if you make friends they might be able to help you or refer you.  They also sell parts on those forums.

I would say it is about $600-800USD to have it done by a shop.  This is what pricing is like here in Detroit, but there are a lot of shops here.

As for car experience...  my car is an 87 Supra Turbo, 1.5JZ, 74mm turbo, 635rwhp on 93 octane and methanol injection, standalone, etc...  I work and tune my own car, like a boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jy6rmQLKwQ

Jeff