Facebook  Twitter  Google+  YouTube  Twitch.tv 

General Discussion » Clan SgT Tournaments by SoLo.DreaM Today at 10:23:14 AM
General Discussion » Outdated video card drivers - Can't load SC with new patch by Newbport Today at 10:21:03 AM
General Topics » Good news, Fish server re-allows 1.16.1 by 2v2trigga Yesterday at 02:37:06 PM
General Topics » Regarding the shoutbox by koN April 22, 2017, 03:44:24 PM
General Discussion » O.o by SoLo.RAiN April 22, 2017, 03:13:56 PM
General Topics » Patch 1.18 is Live by asiCs April 22, 2017, 05:12:30 AM
General Topics » Hey, someone update me on this game by PreMier- April 21, 2017, 07:58:54 PM
Introductions » MyeS Saying Hi! by oD)VoltRoN April 21, 2017, 02:38:39 PM

S.23 | March 3 - May 2

1v1 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST
  2v2 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST

RankPlayer                       Record
1 SilenT.koN77-29
2 DefJam56-15
3 Fire.buu108-96
4 LasT_PostMan58-10
5 FakeGosu55-24
Follow us on Facebook!

Downloads
Standard Map
Anti-Hack Map
UGL Anti-Hack

Quick Links
Join League
Report Game
League Rules
File Complaint
Members
Total Members: 2448
Latest: etoile_filante
New This Month: 50
New This Week: 3
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 14200
Total Topics: 2287
Most Online Today: 129
Most Online Ever: 2978
(November 21, 2014, 10:09:11 PM)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 118
Total: 122

*Users online within the last 60 minutes.

Sticky Topic

Author Topic: News: Hacker Tags  (Read 2061 times)

Offline uNi-DreaM

• ᴬᴰᴹᴵᴺ
  • Battle Cruiser
  • Feel free to feel.... free.
    • View Profile
News: Hacker Tags
« on: November 15, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that few people of the community are concerned about how we conduct investigations by the refuting/denouncing of evidence that we collect and that they feel personally attacked by such decisions based on their ethnicity. This is ridiculous nonetheless but I will explain a few things. The staff and I strive to do the very best work that can be done period. UGL is not in the least prejudice toward the Latin community or any other ethnic region. Your biased opinions are nonetheless unprofessional and racist toward the non-Latin community to say the very least. The league exists solely to provide a professional, clean, and hack-free environment for advanced and beginner gamers world wide. It would be entirely racist for you to say the staff judges people based on their ethnicity. Racism is not tolerated at UGL. I myself speak Spanish, French, and obviously English if that is of any consolation. Don't be so selfish to think that you folks are the only ones of Spanish descents at UGL. I will add that based on thorough investigations of community members, the staff will indeed at times find the odd rotten egg or two who choose to use third party programs in order to obtain a higher level status in the league's rankings. The other admins and myself will at times conclude that the probability of an individual using third party programs is high enough to merit a hacker tag. This is to maintain and ensure that the said professional, clean, and hack-free environment is not compromised for the majority of our community members. IF, and I say "IF" the evidence we collect throughout our investigations is refuted by someone who is in disagreement, then I would gladly like to see them step up to the plate and provide evidence of why the denounced facts are incorrect. It is highly unlikely that myself or other members of the staff are wrong about people who are deemed hackers and receive the hacker tag after our investigations have concluded. This staff spends weeks at a time on one single case alone. Combined altogether, the staff and I have over 50 years experience in doing our job here at UGL and I would like to ask what credentials do others have in the case of refuting solid evidence, or even doing mere hacker policing for that matter. If you can provide any evidence as to why a proven hacker should not be tagged then I personally would like to see it. Until then, I've seen enough of this good-for-nothing, incompetent Bad Mouthing which I've been hearing about lately. Questions will be answered here or via PM. Feel free to PM or email me directly at dream@unigl.net with your concerns.

-DreaM

Offline TomTe

• Drone
    • View Profile
Re: News: Hacker Tags
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:25:04 PM »
So much experience yet you ignored most of the community in general that told you he hacked from the start. He was and is one of the worst hackers that has ever played but UGL played the clean slate card and after 5 seasons finally tagged someone we knew hacked all along. He is not the only one that is a notorious hacker playing either. I can go through the standings as I do every season and name hackers and they are and will be tagged as they always do. I think admins are biased towards certain players as they were in VGT and SCD allowing proven hackers to play based on their activity and games played as they help their leagues. Sorry I don't mean to offend I just find extremely poor judgement from the hacker policing section, at one point you even had Sm_Grouch who is nearly almost as bad as Luis for hacking on the hacker police staff. It has since been rectified but it should never have happened to begin with as his aka was known beforehand.

Offline VaNz93

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »
Why do you think that grouch ever had the power to tag someone?
To be honest all he did was watch reps and let an actual admin know of anything suspicious found .

Why dont you list some hackers names and show the reasoning of these players hacking, instead of looking like an idiot and just complaining for the hell of it

Offline uNi-DreaM

• ᴬᴰᴹᴵᴺ
  • Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »
+rep VaNz93

Offline TomTe

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:27:03 PM »
Everytime Vanz speaks he clarifies to the rest of the sc community why he is hated and a idiot. Don't speak about starcraft related issues you are the biggest idiot any league has ever had. Proof is not needed because most of them have already been proven in former leagues and just general knowledge of the public. The idiots at UGL like you who say the past does not matter and gave them free passes are to blame so shut up vanz you know nothing.

Offline uNi-DreaM

• ᴬᴰᴹᴵᴺ
  • Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 10:37:04 PM »
I can go through the standings as I do every season and name hackers

Do this.

Offline TomTe

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 11:06:42 PM »
There are so many...I've always said UGL is the league where SCD's VGT's and SCZ's hackers come for a free pass. As you can imagine that is alot of players tagged from those 3 sites.

Just to name a few though

Sc.T's Clan
NeO's Clan
Stingray
Invader.zim

That alone puts a giant dent in your standings. and they are all past hackers.

Offline WeeZ

• Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 11:23:13 PM »
U just put shit. No one ScT has been flag them never in UgL, SCZ or ScD!!!
Remember a hacker ScT??? who???

Offline VaNz93

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 11:40:26 PM »
Everytime Vanz speaks he clarifies to the rest of the sc community why he is hated and a idiot. Don't speak about starcraft related issues you are the biggest idiot any league has ever had. Proof is not needed because most of them have already been proven in former leagues and just general knowledge of the public. The idiots at UGL like you who say the past does not matter and gave them free passes are to blame so shut up vanz you know nothing.

Clarify this for me.
If someone hacked 2 years ago in a completely different league  with evidence that ugl hasn't come up with on their own,. But hasn't hacked a single game since ugl has been created.. They should ban these players?

Offline TomTe

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:53:47 PM »
Of course you should ban them that is what a competent league would do. It does not matter how long ago it was, people for the most part do not change. There very well could be someone who has changed and is legit as can be now but he or she should never have hacked in the first place and ruined their reputation which in Starcraft is all you have. People that use steroids in professional sports are alienated for a reason as they gained an unfair advantage by cheating and it is a different scenario in starcraft but the principle is the same, once you hack and are caught most people will always look at you that way regardless of how pure and innocent you have become afterwards.
Lance Armstrong won all his events years and years ago but now that people know he was a cheater it is all meaningless and he wont be allowed if say a new bicycle main event was opened. "UGLS point of view" HEY LANCE COME OVER HERE AND COMPETE WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PAST.

That is simply the point I am trying to make.
The bottom line is UGL provides a league for the remainder of the starcraft community and The staff do work diligently and the site has come along nicely and the work everyone has done has to be respected. I certainly don't want to offend the staff or founders or the people that donate as they are the reason a league even exists.

Sorry for all of this I am just biased against hackers and get agitated when people give me the same response each time. "new league new slate"

Offline DjMiXtli

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 11:55:15 PM »
Most of the people crying about hacks are the ones who get destroyed in games or think they are unbeatable (the shit)  they think they are so badass that when they lose they can't take it and figure oh it must be hacks. There will always be shitty spots, shitty m/us, & rookie mistakes. Blaming everything on hacks isn't the answer. The more you game the better you will get it's as simple as that. There will always be suspicious moves. You really have watch all replays of the one being accused even the losses. Pointing fingers at people just because of there bad past or one suspicious move is retarded back your shit up with evidence bitches. As for you Totme send me a link to any kind of recording software that actually works with sc & windows 7 and I'll bo7 any1 of your choice. To shut that dirty lil mouth of  yours. SC is fuckn e z when you've been gaming since 03

Offline DjMiXtli

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 11:58:06 PM »
Most of the top 20 players in UGL have been leaguing since the early days of VGT. That's exactly why they are top 20 not cuz of hacks dipshit Totme

Snoopy

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 12:04:09 AM »
DjMiXtli those kinds of posts belong in other threads because this discussion is intended for people who have something important to say rather than to brag about meaningless jargon.

Offline DjMiXtli

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 12:27:13 AM »
I have a suggestion why don't you guys give players the option to play by running the anti hack software that was used in SCD. I guarantee the standings won't change.

Offline Dano

• Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 04:25:33 AM »
Dude.... im a really bad losser, i cant tak it at all, and if i lose in a 2s i blame my parts, sometimes i cry hack... but lol. ur suggestion is taking out from the blue djmixtilii
][~][-~>

Offline Stripper

• Fuck me I'm famous
  • Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 04:32:23 AM »
I have a suggestion why don't you guys give players the option to play by running the anti hack software that was used in SCD. I guarantee the standings won't change.

The program sent pictures to a private SCD server... and SCD doesn't exist anymore. The program wouldn't work.

Let.It.ReiGN

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 05:58:27 AM »
Is the source code still around? Maybe sword or dream could fix it to work with the site

Let.It.ReiGN

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 06:05:08 AM »
So much experience yet you ignored most of the community in general that told you he hacked from the start. He was and is one of the worst hackers that has ever played but UGL played the clean slate card and after 5 seasons finally tagged someone we knew hacked all along. He is not the only one that is a notorious hacker playing either. I can go through the standings as I do every season and name hackers and they are and will be tagged as they always do. I think admins are biased towards certain players as they were in VGT and SCD allowing proven hackers to play based on their activity and games played as they help their leagues. Sorry I don't mean to offend I just find extremely poor judgement from the hacker policing section, at one point you even had Sm_Grouch who is nearly almost as bad as Luis for hacking on the hacker police staff. It has since been rectified but it should never have happened to begin with as his aka was known beforehand.

I'm curious who your talking about bro??

Offline uNi-DreaM

• ᴬᴰᴹᴵᴺ
  • Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 07:02:56 AM »
The admin team has been discussing a few things lately and talks came around to the way of creating a StarCraft/Broodwar gaming server for UGL. Although, there are some technicalities that we need to work out first regarding funding.

The server would largely benefit the community; unfortunately, it is going to be rather expensive to do this and may take some time to accumulate funds; although, it's something we're planning on doing as a preventive measure to stop people hacking completely. In the mean time, the investigations we carry out on individuals who break the rules have proven to work successfully.

Once again I'm asking those who know of abuse to submit their claims and the admins will continue managing complaints as normal.

-Dream