Facebook  Twitter  Google+  YouTube  Twitch.tv 

Introductions Hi! I was MaFia.RebOrn, Life[cK] back in the 2v2 VGT/SCD days by TheYosh May 21, 2017, 02:17:36 AM
Introductions Hi i was BattleCheese- MafiaCheese or Cheese]Strife[ by Puppy May 20, 2017, 09:52:08 PM
General Discussion UMS MAPS by Puppy May 20, 2017, 08:21:01 PM
Introductions Hi by Newbport May 16, 2017, 07:47:27 PM
General Discussion Get my SC working again. - REWARD~~~$$$$ by dirl May 09, 2017, 04:03:39 PM
Introductions sup by DE-Gibson May 09, 2017, 01:14:58 PM
General Discussion Donate to Buu by SoLo.RAiN May 08, 2017, 04:06:55 PM
Introductions MyeS Saying Hi! by SoLo.RAiN May 08, 2017, 04:04:42 PM

S.23 | March 3 - May 2

1v1 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST
  2v2 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST

RankPlayer                       Record
1 DefJam65-15
2 SilenT.koN81-29
3 Fire.buu108-96
4 LasT_PostMan58-11
5 FakeGosu55-24
Follow us on Facebook!

Downloads
Standard Map
Anti-Hack Map
UGL Anti-Hack

Quick Links
Join League
Report Game
League Rules
File Complaint
Members
Total Members: 2463
Latest: Keebler
New This Month: 11
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 14381
Total Topics: 2298
Most Online Today: 134
Most Online Ever: 2978
(November 21, 2014, 10:09:11 PM)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 103
Total: 105

*Users online within the last 60 minutes.

Author Topic: Restrict obs in league matches?  (Read 887 times)

Offline Uni-Gh°sT

• 5D995DG99ETV33K
  • Battle Cruiser
  • IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Restrict obs in league matches?
« on: October 12, 2013, 08:44:12 PM »
There have been multiple complaints recently about obs in matches either abusing or accused of cheating. This makes me wonder how many games out there where this is happening but not being reported as a complaint. I wanted to bring this attention to the community and open it up for discussion. Observers are based on the honor-system and it is always the player's choice to have obs in the match or not. Does UGL need to make a rule that there can be NO observers in a league match at all?

Offline La.Knicks

• Ling
    • View Profile
Re: Restrict obs in league matches?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 10:29:03 PM »
My reaction:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08i9kvCJvJ0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08i9kvCJvJ0</a>

*Mini shouts to xS.Samba/La.Revelations/Pro]Stalker- , you guys keep doing you, boo-boo*

*FYI : Two dollars makes him holla, Konny Boo-boo!*  *Second FYI: Cockanee[av] is Elch* THAT IS ALL. GOOD DAY.

I SAID GOOD DAY.

Offline koN

• Battle Cruiser
  • UGL6,7,11,19 1v1 Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
La.Knicks will not abide by this rule because that means he would actually have to play some league games instead of just coming on the game to obs and talk all day long.

FYI* La.Knicks is washed up

On a more serious note I don't think games will ever stop having observers. I believe why there is so many complaints is because no one has ever been punished or caught obs cheating so everyone feels they are able to get away with it. No action has ever been taken to punish someone for cheating, at least I can't recall one. So until that is done I don't think it will ever stop happening. Every player has a choice to vision or who they allow to obs there games. I will not give vis to people I don't know or won't even allow randoms to be in the game period. People just need to be a little more selective on who they allow to obs. Maybe one option should be a rule that OBS cannot ask for vision in the game it's up to the players to give the vision and if they choose not to they should not be hounded by the observers all game until they give vision. Maybe input a rule for that if observers do continuously bother the player to give vision when he's clearly said "no" that player should get an abuser tag or something. I believe more actions can be taken to start to fix all these obs cheating/abusing problems. Also a rule that SCD had in place was that league games couldn't be reported unless everyone in the game was registered in the league. Therefore not allowing people to get away with abusing during the games without getting punished themselves through the league. That could possibly be another option to add if it's easy to put in.

Offline La.Knicks

• Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 10:38:22 PM »
Silly kon! I played many games this season (2v2 ladder) , not as much as those xA. mf'ers, but still played some!

I just layed the candy ass smackdown on dWANG in 1v1's. And I looked pretty fucking good doing it.

*PS. I still got it Konny boo-boo, I still got it.*

Offline TwentyEight

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 11:43:13 PM »
Silly kon! I played many games this season (2v2 ladder) , not as much as those xA. mf'ers, but still played some!

I just layed the candy ass smackdown on dWANG in 1v1's. And I looked pretty fucking good doing it.

*PS. I still got it Konny boo-boo, I still got it.*

I heard you play this game since 2001 and still suck ass
you mad bruh?

Offline Uni-Gh°sT

• 5D995DG99ETV33K
  • Battle Cruiser
  • IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 02:49:23 AM »
Great points KoN
I agree that this sort of abuse should have a severe punishment which I am contemplating now with some active complaints. In some cases we have accusations but just not enough evidence to actually take action, which could be part of the reason some people haven't been penalized.

Players overall need to be more selective with who they vision or allow to obs in the game and that should help decrease the amount of complaints we get about obs abuse. In a perfect league, everyone would play fair. Now, Im thinking of what sort of penalty for this abuse. Does the community think suspension for the rest of the current season and the next season would be an adequate penalty for obs abuse, or am I going overboard?