Facebook  Twitter  Google+  YouTube  Twitch.tv 

General Discussion » Clan SgT Tournaments by koN Today at 01:39:19 PM
General Discussion » Outdated video card drivers - Can't load SC with new patch by Newbport Today at 10:21:03 AM
General Topics » Good news, Fish server re-allows 1.16.1 by 2v2trigga Yesterday at 02:37:06 PM
General Topics » Regarding the shoutbox by koN April 22, 2017, 03:44:24 PM
General Discussion » O.o by SoLo.RAiN April 22, 2017, 03:13:56 PM
General Topics » Patch 1.18 is Live by asiCs April 22, 2017, 05:12:30 AM
General Topics » Hey, someone update me on this game by PreMier- April 21, 2017, 07:58:54 PM
Introductions » MyeS Saying Hi! by oD)VoltRoN April 21, 2017, 02:38:39 PM

S.23 | March 3 - May 2

1v1 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST
  2v2 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST

RankPlayer                       Record
1 SilenT.koN77-29
2 DefJam56-15
3 Fire.buu108-96
4 LasT_PostMan58-10
5 FakeGosu55-24
Follow us on Facebook!

Downloads
Standard Map
Anti-Hack Map
UGL Anti-Hack

Quick Links
Join League
Report Game
League Rules
File Complaint
Members
Total Members: 2448
Latest: etoile_filante
New This Month: 50
New This Week: 3
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 14201
Total Topics: 2287
Most Online Today: 129
Most Online Ever: 2978
(November 21, 2014, 10:09:11 PM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 101
Total: 108

*Users online within the last 60 minutes.

Author Topic: New FMP Showmatch  (Read 2803 times)

Offline ChosenBrad1322

• Ling
    • View Profile
New FMP Showmatch
« on: July 13, 2013, 09:05:07 PM »
Hey guys, after a 3 year hiatus of casting SC1, I've been convinced by people on my YouTube channel / Bnet to do another Show-match Series for FMP.

I still gotta figure out the logistics of it, like bo5 or bo7, when it will go down, and who will play in it.

I am not really an expert in the FMP scene anymore since I took so much time off so I would really like some input from those of you who are.  Mainly I'm wondering who the best 5-10 players are now.  So I can start theory-crafting on who to ask to play in it.

I'll be casting the match on YouTube and I think they will be posting it on the home-page of this site as a feature (or at least that's what has been loosely discussed so far).

Any input is appreciated!  Let me know who people currently respect / want to see play plz <3

Edit: btw this is Pro]ChoseN- ... lol forgot to mention that xD

Offline Machines.

• Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: New FMP Showmatch
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 09:24:32 PM »
I think you have to Include Cole, KoN, Hardy, Madara, Day.
I've left some people out because I've never played against them. But hey. My five could be disputable.
I would like to 16 players in the tournament. (Just my preference).

Offline ChosenBrad1322

• Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »
I think you have to Include Cole, KoN, Hardy, Madara, Day.
I've left some people out because I've never played against them. But hey. My five could be disputable.
I would like to 16 players in the tournament. (Just my preference).

I have done a 16 player tourney before (Chofly FMP Championship) right before SC2 came out.  It's EXTREMELY hard to pull off cuz people go in-active / dodge playing their games, cuz they want to un-rust, or want to practice first, or aren't ready, or don't feel like it today etc etc etc etc

Also, there would need to be a prize pool to pull off something that big otherwise it might be tough to get people excited about dedicating that much time, but who knows.  Right now I'm more just looking for a weekly 1v1 fmp title or something instead of trying to pull of a 16'er.

Thanks for your input appreciate it!

Offline JumpinJack

• Dragoon
  • White Line Fever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 09:28:38 PM »
Yes, would love to see you put together some videos like the old days. I would create a new sub thread just for the commentary videos.

I would say that these are the most interesting players to watch that the community would love to see and would get you the most views.

vs]mixtli
silent.searcher
silent.kon
pro]madara-
pro]hardy-
legend]dinko
sexy-adler
xs.day
xs.mrniceguy
silent.reborn

Offline JumpinJack

• Dragoon
  • White Line Fever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 09:30:32 PM »
Tournaments never seem to work out.

People focus are on ranking in the 1s ladder of UGL. and don't get care tournys.

Offline Machines.

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 09:45:17 PM »
I agree 100% with what Jack had to say about the ten players.

Offline ChosenBrad1322

• Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
I'm leaning towards asking Pro]HaRDy and Silent.Searcher to face off in the first one.  I'll see what they think about it.  Who is Searcher from back in the day?  I don't remember that name from back when I was active.

Offline Machines.

• Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »
I don't say Silent.Searchers name, I'm afraid he may come and rub my face on the adlfjasdklfjaskdlf

Offline Stripper

• Fuck me I'm famous
  • Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »
He was a noob back then. He's now the best, probably.

My list:
Gangster]Jose. (Stfu, he wasn't hacking as Znape in SCD)
Gangster]TeMe (I remember that he was good, would need people to look into him to make sure he's legit)
Legend]Dinko
Unique.Kon
Silent.Searcher
Silent.Heaven (only if he does come back, until then ignore him)
Pro]Madara-
Pro]Hardy-
Pro]Monte-
xS.day / xS.mrpanda
xS.Money / xS.mrniceguy
xS.Samba
xS.Spliff (same as Silent.Heaven)
Sexy-Silence
Sexy-Evil
Sexy-Adler
vS]Mixtli / King.Kong Aka InvaderZim
aS]GamyT-

You can talk with me if you're interested on hosting this... I'm Rob aka Biip.

Online RasTa

• Ling
  • Best way 2 make your dreams come true is 2 wake up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »
He was a noob back then. He's now the best, probably.

My list:
Gangster]Jose. (Stfu, he wasn't hacking as Znape in SCD)
Gangster]TeMe (I remember that he was good, would need people to look into him to make sure he's legit)
Legend]Dinko
Unique.Kon
Silent.Searcher
Silent.Heaven (only if he does come back, until then ignore him)
Pro]Madara-
Pro]Hardy-
Pro]Monte-
xS.day / xS.mrpanda
xS.Money / xS.mrniceguy
xS.Samba
xS.Spliff (same as Silent.Heaven)
Sexy-Silence
Sexy-Evil
Sexy-Adler
vS]Mixtli / King.Kong Aka InvaderZim
aS]GamyT-

You can talk with me if you're interested on hosting this... I'm Rob aka Biip.
Jose , teme and gamyt 3 big hackers there...

Online koN

• Battle Cruiser
  • UGL6,7,11,19 1v1 Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 11:36:47 PM »
I'm leaning towards asking Pro]HaRDy and Silent.Searcher to face off in the first one.  I'll see what they think about it.  Who is Searcher from back in the day?  I don't remember that name from back when I was active.

HaRDy? Just because he's in your clan and you've known him for a long time doesn't make him the best these days lol

Offline Aan

• Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:54 PM »

HaRDy? Just because he's in your clan and you've known him for a long time doesn't make him the best these days lol
He said he wasn't sure who the best were these days. Somebody listed him, so it only makes sense to even myself he is still a very quality player. Don't think his intentions were as you portrayed.

Offline ChosenBrad1322

• Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 11:44:43 PM »

HaRDy is a big name regardless and people would love to see if the new school would beat the old school.  Also, HaRDy is undefeated in show-matches and people who watch vids on YouTube love to watch him.  If he loses so what, then we find a new challenger.  I don't see the harm, it's not like HaRDy won't give good games and he's one of the biggest draws for viewers that still play.

That being said, if there is someone else that people want to see play, I'm totally down for giving the people the match they want.  Which is why I made this thread ^^

Offline Kush_Ld[FuN]

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 12:39:40 AM »
chosen brad u will always be a bigger name then that goof hardon. id rather watch you take a shit then watch hardy do any thing

Offline Stripper

• Fuck me I'm famous
  • Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 01:30:16 AM »

Jose was legit on Znape and ended up in the top 3 before being flagged. He was flagged not because he was hacking but because he was smurfing. This was at the time SCD was using their screen shot method to catch hackers.

Teme, I said that he needed to be looked into. Since this is a new league and a new start, he deserves a chance in my opinion.

I just remember Gamyt from a long time ago, which is why I added him there. If he hacks, then remove him. It's a little hard to list the 16 "best" players of right now.

Offline JumpinJack

• Dragoon
  • White Line Fever
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 01:37:54 AM »
I would also like to add pro]stripper- to my list

Online koN

• Battle Cruiser
  • UGL6,7,11,19 1v1 Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 02:12:25 AM »

He said he wasn't sure who the best were these days. Somebody listed him, so it only makes sense to even myself he is still a very quality player. Don't think his intentions were as you portrayed.

I wouldn't expect you to know much of anything seeing as you never log on so your point is pretty irrelevant when it comes to knowing who is a "top" player in SC these days. You're going off of the same theory ChoseN is that just because he was a "top" player years ago he must still be. If you logged on SC you would understand why I said what I did, but again you don't do that so.

Offline xS.Jake

• Dragoon
  • xS. elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 02:38:08 AM »

HaRDy is a big name regardless and people would love to see if the new school would beat the old school.  Also, HaRDy is undefeated in show-matches and people who watch vids on YouTube love to watch him.  If he loses so what, then we find a new challenger.  I don't see the harm, it's not like HaRDy won't give good games and he's one of the biggest draws for viewers that still play.

That being said, if there is someone else that people want to see play, I'm totally down for giving the people the match they want.  Which is why I made this thread ^^

watch my zvp vs hardy this season towards the end, i fooled around for the most part this season, but this is a good watch.

Offline xS.Jake

• Dragoon
  • xS. elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 02:38:54 AM »
And kon should be considered for the bo7, but ye we should just do a tournament and u broadcast the finals.

Offline Aan

• Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »

Jose was legit on Znape and ended up in the top 3 before being flagged. He was flagged not because he was hacking but because he was smurfing. This was at the time SCD was using their screen shot method to catch hackers.

Teme, I said that he needed to be looked into. Since this is a new league and a new start, he deserves a chance in my opinion.

I just remember Gamyt from a long time ago, which is why I added him there. If he hacks, then remove him. It's a little hard to list the 16 "best" players of right now.
Znape wasn't caught 'cause of the SS method we were using. He was smurfing as an already banned hacker for I lost count of how many times, so he was permabanned.

Offline Pro]moNte-

• Ling
  • undisputed king
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 12:15:52 PM »
i'd say Adler vs anyone, whos down

Offline TwentyEight

• Drone
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 12:31:21 PM »
Rofl lenny ur avatar is so great

Offline Adler

• Ling
  • Lässt Muskeln spielen als wären sie seine Kinder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 12:53:44 PM »
xcracked me up too, love this lil lenny <3

Offline ZerG

• ProZerG
  • Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »
This should be good. :)

Offline Stripper

• Fuck me I'm famous
  • Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 04:55:55 PM »

Znape wasn't caught 'cause of the SS method we were using. He was smurfing as an already banned hacker for I lost count of how many times, so he was permabanned.

Which is why I said he was legit... the SS method is just proof that he didn't hack... I also said that he was flagged not because he was hacking but because he was smurfing.