Facebook  Twitter  Google+  YouTube  Twitch.tv 

General Discussion » Outdated video card drivers - Can't load SC with new patch by Dano Today at 07:29:02 AM
General Topics » Good news, Fish server re-allows 1.16.1 by 2v2trigga Yesterday at 02:37:06 PM
General Discussion » Clan SgT Tournaments by PreMier- Yesterday at 04:07:26 AM
General Topics » Regarding the shoutbox by koN April 22, 2017, 03:44:24 PM
General Discussion » O.o by SoLo.RAiN April 22, 2017, 03:13:56 PM
General Topics » Patch 1.18 is Live by asiCs April 22, 2017, 05:12:30 AM
General Topics » Hey, someone update me on this game by PreMier- April 21, 2017, 07:58:54 PM
Introductions » MyeS Saying Hi! by oD)VoltRoN April 21, 2017, 02:38:39 PM

S.23 | March 3 - May 2

1v1 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST
  2v2 | Channel: Op UGL        USWEST

RankPlayer                       Record
1 SilenT.koN77-29
2 DefJam56-15
3 Fire.buu108-96
4 LasT_PostMan58-10
5 FakeGosu55-24
Follow us on Facebook!

Downloads
Standard Map
Anti-Hack Map
UGL Anti-Hack

Quick Links
Join League
Report Game
League Rules
File Complaint
Members
Total Members: 2448
Latest: etoile_filante
New This Month: 50
New This Week: 3
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 14198
Total Topics: 2287
Most Online Today: 129
Most Online Ever: 2978
(November 21, 2014, 10:09:11 PM)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 73
Total: 75

*Users online within the last 60 minutes.

Author Topic: Hey, someone update me on this game  (Read 275 times)

Offline GhOsT-HyDRa

• Dragoon
  • is ranking up.
    • View Profile
Hey, someone update me on this game
« on: April 21, 2017, 06:00:36 AM »
So I haven't played starcraft in a while. I heard there was this new patch and that they had made the game free and so I thought "cool, maybe starcraft is going to be popular again."

I just logged on, found out that all my accounts were deleted so i couldn't see if any friends were online. I went to op ugl and it was completely dead. I tried to join a public game, and while there were about 40 games listed, every time I clicked on one it said "unable to join game."

So is starcraft dead? Is ugl dead? Is my computer just being dumb and not letting me join games? What did the new patch actually bring besides messing up the layout that I've grown accustomed to? Everything just feels so foreign to me, and all i want to do is just play some sc

Offline PreMier-

• Supporter
  • Ling
  • - without condoning or condemning -
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, someone update me on this game
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 07:11:00 AM »
the patch was a huge failure and people are waiting for Blizzard to fix the issues. Until then you'll probably see a very very low activity among higher level players.

Offline Mosquito21

• Battle Cruiser
  • Survive the Apocalypse!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 07:28:03 AM »
I wouldn't say it was a failure. I don't have the color scheme issues at all anymore.

I think it will work itself out.

Offline PreMier-

• Supporter
  • Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 08:17:59 AM »
I wouldn't say it was a failure. I don't have the color scheme issues at all anymore.

Didn't have the color scheme issue myself either. But there is an insane amount of bugs and problems with the 1.18 patch that are simply put unplayable.

Offline Mosquito21

• Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 09:17:37 AM »
Name three other than the following:

1) channels are hard to find (it's always been like this)
2) layout is different (we will get used to it, but it is the same during gameplay)
3) unable to open player profiles

Offline PreMier-

• Supporter
  • Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 12:52:10 PM »
Name three other than the following:

1) channels are hard to find (it's always been like this)
2) layout is different (we will get used to it, but it is the same during gameplay)
3) unable to open player profiles

- Mouse is heavier.
- F-Keys on laptops terminate the programm.
- Rapidly pressing group hotkeys results in group hotkeys not being selected because Hotkey input registering is slow.
- screen scroll is heavier.
- Brood War game list has been merged with original game list.
- Can't send or receive messages when in a game.
- Can't host with "test" in game name.
- Can't message someone in a game lobby or in an active game.
- Can't host passworded games because people get an error message when joining a passworded game.
- Micro management response time has changed making all units micro differently.
- Latency is higher than L#2, at least L#2 was promised.
- Can't alt-tab to desktop when using full screen mode as game overlays on desktop.
- EUD has been completely removed completely destroying the UMS community. UMS was very popular on Fish server.

There are more issues but these are the ones coming to mind right now.
Here is a link to a reddit thread discussing issues witht he patch:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/66axtd/as_a_korean_118_is_a_disaster_on_fish_server/

Here is a list with fixed formatting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/66axtd/as_a_korean_118_is_a_disaster_on_fish_server/dgh55tj/'

Here is a link explaining what EUD is:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/66axtd/as_a_korean_118_is_a_disaster_on_fish_server/dghfhjp/

Offline dirl

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 02:58:48 PM »

how low does your skill level have to be to not instantly perceive the completely broken ingame controls

im raGING hardcore at all the casual players who are like 'ooo blizzard thx so much for this great patch we appreciate ur hard work!' blah blah  because they fixed a couple completely irrelevant things like colors (wtf who kinda fag cares about colors) while breaking everything important to gosus

fucking dumb cunts SHIIIT

mosflo go cast yourself killing yourself

lick my balls

Offline Newbport

• Dragoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 03:55:12 PM »
Noob
I am the distance between two points.

Offline LivE.SworD

• Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 04:11:48 PM »

how low does your skill level have to be to not instantly perceive the completely broken ingame controls

im raGING hardcore at all the casual players who are like 'ooo blizzard thx so much for this great patch we appreciate ur hard work!' blah blah  because they fixed a couple completely irrelevant things like colors (wtf who kinda fag cares about colors) while breaking everything important to gosus

lick my balls

Doesn't mean you have to be an asshole about it. You should vent your anger at blizzard developers OR better yet at the management for pushing for a release that was clearly not ready... doesn't help to insult people who've been trying to help the community

Offline Mosquito21

• Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 05:22:35 PM »

lick my balls

What do you mean casual?  Get your sister to lick your balls kid, just like the good old molesting days you had of old.  It will work itself out. You effin'  oral semen collector.

Offline PreMier-

• Supporter
  • Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 06:30:59 PM »

lick my balls

Way to make yourself look like a trailerpark trash junkie the way you behave. Have soem self-respect and respect for others.

Offline Mosquito21

• Battle Cruiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »

lick my balls

Way to make yourself look like a trailerpark trash junkie the way you behave. Have soem self-respect and respect for others.

And on that note, thanks for the links on your post. The download itself took awhile and I was noticing some issues, but not as many as you described. My apm might not be fast enough to notice some of the things you guys do. I still think that it will sort itself out.  Even Apple/Samsung push out products too early and update when bugs are found to be an issue.

Offline dirl

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 07:09:06 PM »

lick my balls

have some respect for my ballsack you hypocritical twit.

Offline PreMier-

• Supporter
  • Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 07:21:27 PM »

lick my balls

eh, thought you were a cool person the first couple times we played together and against each other. Guess I am wrong. Dissapointed.

Offline dirl

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »

lick my balls

eh, thought you were a cool person the first couple times we played together and against each other. Guess I am wrong. Dissapointed.

oh darn. I thought the same about you until zry+hydra beat you and you completely flipped out, got angry IRL and started BMing everyone in the UGL channel. So how can you talk about respect?

anyways I know mos can handle himself and not get butthurt over my posts. he doesn't need you and live.sword protecting him

Offline PreMier-

• Supporter
  • Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 07:37:10 PM »

lick my balls

oh darn. I thought the same about you until zry+hydra beat you and you completely flipped out, got angry IRL and started BMing everyone in the UGL channel. So how can you talk about respect?

anyways I know mos can handle himself and not get butthurt over my posts. he doesn't need you and live.sword protecting him

We don't need you dirtying the place up with your posts or presence.

Offline dirl

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »
nice failure to acknowledge your hypocrisy

Offline PreMier-

• Supporter
  • Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 07:48:22 PM »

I already settled that entire indicent with the parties involved. I went out of line, I never denied that and I won't deny it.

Offline dirl

• Archon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 07:50:40 PM »

I already settled that entire indicent with the parties involved. I went out of line, I never denied that and I won't deny it.
glad to hear it. now just stop pretending to be a paragon of maturity.

Offline PreMier-

• Supporter
  • Ling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 07:58:54 PM »

glad to hear it. now just stop pretending to be a paragon of maturity.
If it's what it takes to get any of you to be more considerate or to stop behaving like filth I will not stop.